July Member Spotlight: Alexandra Nuttall

Alexandra Nuttall, Coastal Design & Staging - Vero Beach, FL


When did you realize that you wanted to become an interior designer?
My father and uncle inspired me to become an interior designer. I was born in Romania and graduated from a prominent law school in Bucharest, although my whole life I wanted to pursue a carrier in interior design. After moving to the United States, I tried to continue my legal career, but that wasn’t fulfilling, so I followed my dreams and earned a Degree in Interior Design. While growing up, my family immersed me in arts and music for over 20 years; my grandfather is a world-renowned author, my uncle is a muralist and fantastic painter and my father is an engineer that owns a commercial and residential construction company. So, I can say that at a young age, I fell in love with the world of art and design. It’s funny where life can bring you; my philosophy is that dreams DO become reality!

Who was the first interior designer to make an impression on you?
Dorothy Draper – boldly colorful, elegant, cheerful, and full of life. It kind of describes the way I am! I have been attracted to her “modern Baroque” legendary style and her exuberant personality! Just look at the Museum of the City of New York, The Carlyle, The Fairmont and one of my favorites ... The Greenbrier. “If it looks right, it is right.” 

What are some of the things that influence you, aside from furniture and décor?
Traveling, music, art, nature and of course the beach. I love being outdoors. Being from Europe I’ve traveled my whole life and I still remember the colors from the nature are impregnated in my mind.  I am also very influenced by the artists that are creating wallpaper. I love their talent and stories behind every print.

What are your go-to basics?
Well... I want to say that I love a flawlessly styled console table in the foyer; art, lamps and books and of course, my favorite - a beautiful orchid to finish the look.

Are you seeing any particular style requests trending amongst your clients?
I live in Vero Beach, Florida and usually most of my clients are asking for either a traditional or a contemporary coastal look. Since your home is a backdrop of your life, I think it should express your personality and lifestyle. 

What’s been your career highlight to date?
Being given the opportunity to design my husband’s office building and give it a personal touch!

What’s the most treasured item in your own home?
After my husband and I got engaged we had the honor to be portraited by Bradford Rowley at his Palm Beach studio. It is so special to remember our engagement with a beautiful timeless piece of art displayed in our living room.

Comments

  1. Awesome advice with great approach. Thank for sharing. Keep up the great work. Please share this with my group Office Interior Desginers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts