March Member Spotlight: Stephanie Kratz

Stephanie Kratz of Stephanie Kratz Interiors - Dallas, TX




When did you realize that you wanted to become an interior designer? 
This question takes me back to my childhood.  I was the little girl who loved to play with dolls.  I loved putting the doll house together and remember rolling up towels to make furniture for them to sit on. 

Who was the first interior designer to make an impression on you?

Without a doubt Frank Lloyd Wright.  When I was a child my parents took me to one of his houses. I was born and raised in Wisconsin, as was he.   From that moment I was taken in by the design and all the details.  I remember just being in awe of the waterfalls inside and outside of the house.  Everything about his work inspired me.

What are some of the things that influence you, aside from furniture and décor?

Architecture and Fashion are big inspirations for my design work, as well as nature.  One plays off of the others.  A blank canvas is just that, whether it is an outfit, or a room or the outside of a building.  The outfit must be finished with accessories like shoes,  a handbag and jewelry.  The room within a home is finished with fine furnishings of pillows, throws, lighting and drapery.  And finally, a building is finished by beautiful landscape that is to scale.  Great design is all in the details. 

What are your go-to basics?

I find myself in almost every design job incorporating glass and metal.  I love the refection quality of glass paired with the industrial modern feel of metal.  Glass and metal are two elements that complement any trends in design. 

Are you seeing any particular style requests trending amongst your clients?

Our tag line at Stephanie Kratz Interiors is “The Modern Edge of Design.”  Most all of our clients are looking for modern updates to their home or a complete re-model.  We specialize in new construction as well.  Our process is from the ground up and our ultimate goal is a home or office that flows with cohesive aesthetics.  The expression on a client’s face when they see the finished product is priceless to me.  Their appreciation for the design along with the fine furnishing I have delivered for them makes what I do just the best career ever.

What’s the most treasured item in your own home?

Aside from the obvious, which is my family and furry family (smile)…I would have to say my fireplace.  I waited quite some time for a very special tile to be delivered to be from Spain. Every time I look at my fireplace I get that feeling of….”this was a good decision.”  I am also reminded that sometimes the finer things in life take a little more time!

Comments

Popular Posts