Which Would You Choose: TV in the Living Room, or Not? - Guest Post by Tobi Fairley


A few weeks ago, I asked all of you whether I should have a television in the breakfast room or not – and did I ever hear from you! That’s probably one of the most hot-button topics I’ve ever had on Which Would You Choose! Having TVs in rooms other than the living room or family room does have its drawbacks, but this week I want to know what you think about TVs in the living room itself. 


If you have seen the previous photos of my living room, you know my husband already has a very large TV ready to go, so I’m a bit stuck in this room. On the other hand, I have designed a serene and sleek look for the living room, and a big TV doesn’t really fit into my plan. I have some ideas for hiding the television that might work – or I could move the television into a different room altogether.


So what would you do? Would you keep the TV in the living room? And if you did, would you camouflage it? And how would you do that? I’m looking for some great ideas here, so please tell me what you would do in the comments area below! 


Help me make my serene living room dream a reality! Thanks for your help!

xo,


 







Tobi Fairley’s company, Tobi Fairley & Associates, is a full-service consulting and design company. Since establishing her interior design firm more than 15 years ago, Tobi Fairley’s projects have spanned the nation, and her award-winning designs for high-profile and celebrity clients have been featured on television and in top-shelf shelter publications around the globe.

Tobi’s design blog, created in 2008, is currently read in more than 124 countries worldwide. In 2010, Tobi introduced her DIY design service, InBox Interiors, and launched her popular intensive courses and programs, including Designer MBA and the Mastermind mentoring program for design professionals. She just recently launched Tobi U, her online learning center for interior design professionals (tobiuniversity.com).

Tobi is launching her first licensed product collections at the April High Point Market with CR Laine and Soicher Marin.

Comments

Popular Posts