Which Would You Choose: Ottoman vs. Coffee Table - Guest Post by Tobi Fairley


We’ve made so many decisions about my living room layout, and now I’m starting to focus on the furnishings. One thing that I really am torn between is whether to use an upholstered ottoman or a coffee table in the center of my furniture. An ottoman like the one above is multifunctional, and you know how I like it when one thing serves many purposes!

I can set my books on top, along with a tray to hold flowers or accessories, and it’s also a comfortable spot to rest your feet after a long day. And, depending on the cover you choose, it can add color and pattern to the room, which is fabulous! But it can be a little unstable for whatever you place on top.


I’m also very fond of this coffee table from my previous house! It was designed and built by my husband’s grandfather, which means a lot to both of us, and I am asked about the resource for that table ALL the time!

So which would YOU choose, an ottoman or a coffee table? Which one better fits the function of your living space? Leave me your choice, and why, in the comments section below!

xo,











Tobi Fairley’s company, Tobi Fairley & Associates, is a full-service consulting and design company. Since establishing her interior design firm more than 15 years ago, Tobi Fairley’s projects have spanned the nation, and her award-winning designs for high-profile and celebrity clients have been featured on television and in top-shelf shelter publications around the globe.

Tobi’s design blog, created in 2008, is currently read in more than 124 countries worldwide. In 2010, Tobi introduced her DIY design service, InBox Interiors, and launched her popular intensive courses and programs, including Designer MBA and the Mastermind mentoring program for design professionals. She just recently launched Tobi U, her online learning center for interior design professionals (tobiuniversity.com).

Tobi is launching her first licensed product collections at the April High Point Market with CR Laine and Soicher Marin.

Comments

Popular Posts